Photobucket

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Little Sweatheart Boy

I have decided it's time to purchase a treadmill. As much as I love going to the gym and love the kids club, it turns out that the kids club doesn't really love Dylan. How could anyone not love Dylan you ask? He is so cute right? Maybe it's because he loves to play catch with other children -when they're not looking and not so much with balls but more with cars and trucks (or anything hard for that matter). Or, it could be the way he loves to "wrestle" other children (much larger children) till they cry. And of course there is always his two favorite games of baseball and golf which basically translates to using anything stick-like to hit the nearest toy -or child. Dylan has been officially kicked out of kids club, again. After four children were injured and one sent home b/c he was inconsolable, the kids club workers found me on the treadmill and asked me to remove my child from the building. This is so embarrassing but I can't really 100% blame Dylan. All of the above mentioned games his dad taught him in good fun. Dylan loves to play rough with dad and laughs hysterically when he gets balls thrown at his head or gets pushed to the ground. In all fairness I don't think he is tying to be mean, he is just trying to play, most the time. So, if anyone has any suggestions on treadmills (or parenting) let me know!

The picture below is of Dylan ringing the doorbell. He loves to do this but it gets kinda boring for momma to stand there and hold him while he pushes it a thousand times so he figured out a way to push it himself. Jeff and I were in out of the house so the door was ope. Dylan went inside and found his Diego car pushed it out to the front door and maneuvered it so that it would slide around when he stood on the steering wheel. I'll probably get a call from social services for posting this.
And this would be Dylan after applying/eating my eyeliner. I caught him in the act saying "pretty pretty".

8 comments:

Russell & Jammie said...

This post cracked me up. The joys of being a parent huh? He is just 200% boy. What can you do. The teachers at the kids club, must not be very patient. Because he is really good in nursery. And if he throws something.. it is just a reminder and then he is done. Your a great mom... and he is a great boy... BOY being the key word. The pictures are great. I am sure that things like this happen to every mom!

Amanda said...

That is hilarious! Our boys would get along great! Cody loves being pushed around too, and laughs when he gets hit with a ball. If you find a good treadmill please let me know because i am on the hunt too.

kristenharris said...

That kills me!! Dylan is such a boy! and YES, come down a few days early so we can play. Thats not to say Im not going to bug your family when yall are down here, but we definitely need to get the boys together!!!

kristenharris said...

By the way, the treadmill at Costco now is awesome! It is great on your knees too. I bought the one from Costco years ago, and looooooove it!!! The one now has a TV on it, and you can plug in your ipod and listen to the speakers on the treadmill, plus its a really great price for what you get. I think its like $1000?! I dont know, but if you get to Costco, go check it out. Plus since its been there since January, it may go on sale soon, and you can get it for cheaper. NOTHING beats Costco! Remember that!!!

Shelley said...

That is so funny! Banned from the kids club....how devastating:) What a funny little man....if only all the kids were as tough, then there wouldn't be any problems....

PS - Send me your email so I can invite you to my blog, I'm going private.

Kristen said...

Tam, put a close up pic of Dylan on here so I can play with it on photoshop!! Or send me one in the email!! I wanna play with photoshop and I'm running low on pictures! Although I will take plenty when yall come out here!

Church Fam said...

Oh sis. how could they be so mean to our sweet Dylan, but I do have to say you are right about Jeff teaching him. I remember when we were having family pictures taken and while most moms and dads are smiling and talking sweet to the kids to get them to smile Jeff was scaring the heck out of Dylan. He did not cry like most normal kids, he cracked up laughing. Thats our Dylan. Love him!!!

Church Fam said...

Oh sis. how could they be so mean to our sweet Dylan, but I do have to say you are right about Jeff teaching him. I remember when we were having family pictures taken and while most moms and dads are smiling and talking sweet to the kids to get them to smile Jeff was scaring the heck out of Dylan. He did not cry like most normal kids, he cracked up laughing. Thats our Dylan. Love him!!!