Photobucket

Friday, February 20, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Oh how I have missed my bed. My poor sweet baby Tyler has spent the last four days in hospital being pocked, prodded, and suctioned (seriously suctioned - have you ever seen a deep suctioner?). Needless to say there was zero sleep happening. Apparently the nurses, respiratory therapist, resident interns, doctors all have different schedules and can't coordinate night-time/early morning check-ins. Really though, is it really necessary for all of them to undress him, take his temperature, listen to his chest and the worst - check his blood pressure? The plastic couch-bed and the "free" hospital food didn't help. Enough complaining though, it's all over with now and I am so glad to be home with my healthy baby. I can only be grateful, so many little babies and kids have to stay so much longer, or worse, never get to leave. Anyway, I love both my boys and am so happy to have two normal, healthy kids. I guess a few days on the Pediatric floor helped to put things in perspective.


He was a pretty content and even happy baby post nasal suctioning. Notice the baby-sized hospital gown. So cute.



(Pre-RSV)
The "head massage." Baby gets one of these multiple times a day.











10 comments:

Rachel Hagen said...

Glad you're back home. More importantly glad Tyler is doing better.

Autumn Hardy said...

its always so sad when babies are in the hospital!! im glad everything is ok... they sure are adorable!!!

Shelley said...

What?! What what what?! You needed to call me to bring some meals for you and Jeff. Let me bring one early this next week. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'll call you first thing tomorrow. Glad he's home safe!

Tori said...

Poor little guy! It is so sad to see little ones sick and miserable. Glad he is home and better now.

Kris and Libby Brown said...

Oh Tamra he is so cute! I am so glad he's healthy and doing ok! Now get some rest!

Driggs clan said...

Tam! I sent you an e-mail and left you a phone message, then thought to check your blog for an update. We sure are glad he's home. Bless his sweet little heart. We've been worried! Love you guys!!
Candace & Tyson

Church Fam said...

Oh sis I'm so glad he is home and you can sleep in your bed. The hospital pictures are heart breaking. The mini gown kinda cute though. I miss you guys, I hope we get to see you all again soon. Love you sis

Amanda said...

Those pictures are heartbreaking. I hate seeing babies sick. I am glad he is better though! He is precious too by the way!

A said...

Charlize had RSV too and we spent 4glorious days in the hospital. I felt EXACTLY the same as you- does it take a rocket scientist to discover that some of those interruptions could be coordinated and synced a bit!? So frustrating!

Kathleen said...

Tamra hi!!!! Oh my gosh congrats on being married, and having 2 adorable little boys!!!!