Photobucket

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Crazy Coupon Lady (and Halloween)

I have officially become that crazy coupon lady who spends a half hour checking out annoying all other costumers and cashiers. Most of you probably already know about the Albertson sale this week and all the crazy coupons that you can print for it but I am so excited that I have to share. Thanks to a few bargain/coupon savvy friends - Katie, Heather, Joanie -I just purchased $638 worth of groceries for $77!! That's crazy! I know!! I can't stop saying that. And I'm sure there are lots of ladies who saved even more. Granted those are Albertson prices but I still got some great deals. Let me just tell you what I got:


48 - ALL liquid detergents (32 loads)
10 - BC Cakes mixes
10 - BC Frosting
18 - BC cookie pouches
8 - Progresso 32 oz chicken/beef Broth
13 - Wish Bone salad Dressings
16 - Green Giant frozen boxed veggies
6 - Green Giant frozen bagged veggies
14 - Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough rolls
4 - Boxes GM cereal
10 - Dove shampoo and Conditioners

The detergent obviously made up most of the purchase, I had double coupons for ten making them $.17 each, the rest were $.67. The boxed veggies were free, the shampoos were about $.17, the Salad dressing were something like $.30, etc... I realize that this won't have a huge impact on my grocery shopping but I buy all these things and they are all good for at least a year or more. The best was when on one particular checkout (I had doubled coupons) the cashier actually OWED ME .$20, CRAZY!!! Albertsons paid me to take free groceries!

Here is a picture of SOME of the items:

Enough about coupons, here are some Halloween pictures, Dylan sported two different costumes this year. Jeff just couldn't let go of the Yoda costume from last year and since it actually fit him this year he wore it for a while before changing into his favorite costume, the dinosaur. He loved wearing it made dino noises the entire night.




9 comments:

Roberts Family said...

Hey. That is awesome. I did the coupon thing too at Albertsons and got some pretty sweet deals. I want to know where you get double coupons, though. I get all our coupons from the 4 Sunday newspapers that we get. Is there another place to get them?

Tori said...

Those deals are amazing! I want to go to Albertson's now. I need to learn tricks like that. And your little dinasour is very very cute. I wanted Kenzi to be a dinasour for Halloween but we couldn't find a girly one.

Tamra said...

I got most of the coupons online at pinchingyourpennies.com. Some came from the ALL laundry detergent homesite, bettycrocker.com, and pilsbury.com. All the links can be found on the first web site. you can print two per email I think. You should call me if you can't find them.

Tamra said...

I got most of the coupons online at pinchingyourpennies.com. Some came from the ALL laundry detergent homesite, bettycrocker.com, and pilsbury.com. All the links can be found on the first web site. you can print two per email I think. You should call me if you can't find them.

Joanie Demer said...

Too bad our food storage is going to be exactly the same, so we can't trade with each other!

Kristen said...

You're AMAZING! I want you to do my shopping. And I want to come over when you make your detergent/cookie/shampoo/vegetable/cereal casserole!!! yuuuuuuuuuuummmmm.

Church Fam said...

Hey Tammie, I was wondering...we ran out of laundry detergent and heard you might be able to help.

Shelley said...

You crack me up! You are a crazy lady! Call me next time and Ill be crazy with you! ;)

Driggs clan said...

Thanks for the heads up on the book. I had already started ours! Can't wait to see if they turn out. Of course, since they're free, I can't really complain, can I ? Getting close to time for Irish baby #2!!! We can't wait!
Love you guys!
Candace, Tyson and boys