Photobucket

Monday, March 17, 2008

My Husband Jeff

I've been husband tagged-



So I usually don't do tags (b/c I'm lazy) but since most of the blog has been about Dylan I thought it might be fun to tell y'all about my hubby Jeff. By the way - Happy St. Patricks Day everyone, after all, it is our family holiday. Go Irish!


What is his name? Jeffrey Rex Irish


How long did you date? Not very long at all. I was actually kind of in and out of another relationship and we were really good friends for a few months then only really seriously dated for 4 or so months before we got engaged. Yikes! That sounds scary when I actually write it down, we must be Mormon.


Who eats more sweets? Definitely me!! I love love love sweets. Any kind, any where, I'll eat it. Jeff is addicted to salt. I don't use the word addicted lightly either, he uses the pour side of the shaker instead of the holey side. That's just Jeff's personality though, once he decides he likes something he goes full force with it.


Who is taller? Jeff, he's 6' and I'm almost 5'6.


Who is the better singer? Neither! We both are really really awful. Jeff might say he is only b/c I sometimes catch him trying to sing "pretty," you know, with the hand covering the ear so you can here yourself better. :) just kidding honey!


Who does the laundry?This is kind of a funny question b/c just last night I was picking up the house and Jeff was helping me fold laundry. He kindly informed me of how much he helps out around the house (which he actually does) and with the laundry (which he doesn't). So I asked him if he knew what kind of laundry detergent we use. He looked a little caught off guard and said ALL. Wrong, we use TIDE. Easy mistake though, so I asked him liquid or powder? He said powder, wrong again! We have used liquid for forever! He got the point and promptly thanked me for being such a good wife, he can be so sweet.


Who pays the bills? Jeff pays most all the bills. Might as well put his accounting degree to work since he doesn't work as an accountant anymore. I will say that money budgeting is something that Jeff is very good at. My idea of budgeting use to be buying a pair of Citizens jeans of eBay instead of a department store, then eating green beans and frozen burritos the rest of the month just so I'd have enough to buy that pair of designer shoes (off eBay of course). Priorities have definitely changed thanks to my smart husband!


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jeff


Who mows the lawn? Jeff loves to mow the yard, something he got from his Dad.


Who cooks dinner? Me, Jeff does make a great breakfast though.


Who drives? Mostly Jeff, sometimes me. Driving isn't really a talent of Jeff's though he'd probably say the same about me. He has a permanent speed of 30 mph. It doesn't matter where he's driving or if he's turning (very scary), he might as well put cruise control on.


Who is more stubborn? We both are, that's why we work as a couple though. He doesn't let me get away with anything and vice verse. He does almost always apologize first though. I love you for that sweet husband!


Who kissed who first? That question is very controversial in this house. He would only kiss me on the cheek and was taking forever to kiss me so, I leaned in to kiss him as close to the lips without actually touching them and he moved (on purpose) and so we kissed. It was about time, but he will tell everyone I put the moves on him.


Who asked who out? Jeff asked me.


Who proposed? Jeff proposed. He surprised me and had dressed up like a knight in white tights and everything. His roommates even pushed him into the room where I was on a "horse" that was previously their entertainment center.


Who is more sensitive? Me, I can be emotional at times :). Surprise anyone?


Who has more siblings? Technically Jeff, he has 8 but 6 are step-siblings, I have 5.


Who wears the pants? Both of us.


That actually was fun! I love my sweet sweet husband very much! He is a perfect match for me, a great dad and still makes me giggle every day, I can't ask for more than that!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Aww that was sweet!! I love Jeff too, probably not as much as you, but anyone who can make you happy is a friend of mine. I actually told Jason the other day that if you guys end up in Arizona, we could consider moving to Arizona.... Jason laughed and said "why are we planning all our life decisions on where Tamra ends up?" Ugh, he just doesn't get it!!!

Could you guys just move to Texas? Its pretty cool out here =)

Love ya!

Shelley said...

I must hear more about this proposal! Sounds interesting!! Next Idol night for sure!!!!

Shelley said...

Whoa...at first I thought I already left a comment, but I'm pretty sure that was not me...sometimes I do things half awake, but I'm pretty sure I've never made it to idol night?!?!? Anyways, you and Jeff make a perfect couple! He's so lucky he found you:)

Church Fam said...

that made me LOL. I just want to know does he still sometimes wear the tights he proposed in just for fun. Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Joanie Demer said...

My apologies to Tamra's fellow bloggers, but I don't want her to move anywhere! We love her here! But if she does move, I'm totally up for following her. So where will it be Tam? AZ? TX? And to Jeff- I just got a run in my tights on Sunday from playing out in the driveway with Landon- maybe I could borrow yours? I might stretch them out though. Tamra, how have I never heard that engagement story before?

Tamra said...

Don't feel bad Joanie, I probably couldnt get into those tights 15 pounds ago. Lets all move somewhere warm and tropial, I can't handle having to wear a coat on Easter ever again!

Kristen said...

I don't know why I feel the need to remind how how much I adore looking at little pictures of Dylan! Are yall coming out this summer? If the whole fam isn't, at least we can plan something to get you guys out! We need to get our kids together!!! Are you pregnant yet? Im getting VERY ancy! We looked at videos from Carson his first year, and it is so sweet... makes me want another one!

Driggs clan said...

I loved reading this! He's a keeper for sure! Post your Easter pics when you get a chance, or e-mail me and brothy some. It's Tyson's spring break so I've had time to do plenty of phone-talking and overdue blogging this week, in case you get a chance to call us! It will be back to reality in a couple of days.(You weren't home when we called today). Love you all to pieces!